11 Homemade Pregnancy Tests That Are Accurate
Pregnancy opens doors to a new life, brings new transitions in your own life and gives you the best of the joys that are cherished till the end of life. Yes, being pregnant is such a magical and blissful time which pushes you towards motherhood that you try not to see the stressful situations in the long run.
However, pregnancy tests to know whether you are pregnant or not can be very stressful to women. While it is a must that you take medical tests to become sure of your pregnancy, there are some techniques that you can carry out at home before even going to the doctor. All the pregnancy tests mentioned below can be done at home with the household resources which do not cost you extra. Also, the following tests are only the steps to back up your hunch before you get a doctor’s reports.
One of the hardest times is; knowing that you are missing your periods but still, you do not know whether you are actually pregnant. So, here are the eleven tests, at your ease, which you can use on your favor at home when you are trying to welcome motherhood soon in your life.
Before you take these homemade pregnancy test, let me tell you that these home pregnancy tests can give results only when taken in the right time, either the first day of your missed period or after three weeks of having unprotected sex. Also, make sure that every time you do any type of pregnancy test at home, use urine sample from your earliest visit to restroom in the day.
Take a good look at these 11 homemade pregnancy tests below and try out some which you can easily carry out at the comfort of your home.
1. Collected Urine Test
This is the first and the easiest pregnancy test that you can carry out at home when you are in a dilemma about your pregnancy. This test only uses your urine and you can find out the about your pregnancy by just looking at it.
- Take a vessel and fill it with your urine, preferably the first in your day.
- Leave it for 3-4 hours to rest.
- If you see a thin white film forming on the surface of the urine, it is the sign that you are pregnant.
2. Bleaching Powder Test
One of the easiest and widely used home pregnancy test remedies, bleaching powder test is also very fast. This test uses bleaching powder in its procedure along with your urine.
- Take a vessel to collect your urine.
- Add some bleaching power to it.
- If you can see the urine foaming and fizzing, your chances of being pregnant are pretty high.
- Add some more bleaching power to it.
- If addition of bleaching powder does not result in fizzing and foaming of urine, you are probably not pregnant.
3. Mustard Powder Test
Mustard powder test has a different approach towards testing pregnancy. This approach is taken mostly to find out if your late period is the sign of you being pregnant or it is just another irregular month. This test takes from around a day to two weeks to tell if you are really pregnant so be patient while using taking this test. The
- Take two cups of mustard powder and add it to the hot water in your bathtub.
- Take a good soak in the bath for around 20 minutes to 30 minutes and shower in warm water. This process results in heating up your body and eases your periods.
- If you get a period in around two to three days after this procedure, obviously, you are not pregnant.
- But if you do not get your period even after a week or two, congratulate yourself for you are probably pregnant.
4. The Toothpaste Test
Toothpaste test is another easiest, fastest and widely used home test for pregnancy which uses only toothpaste and urine for the whole procedure. The only thing you need to do is look closely to the changing color.
- Take a dab of white toothpaste and add drops of your urine to it.
- Make sure that the sample of urine you use is from the first time you go to toilet in the morning.
- Next thing you do is to look whether the white toothpaste has become frothy or is changing blue in color.
- Both of these are the sign that there may be an angel hiding in your belly.
- If nothing is going on in the toothpaste, then probably nothing is going on inside you as well.
5. The Soap Test
Another easy and one of the fastest pregnancy tests you can carry out at home, even though it may not be a sure shot technique is the soap pregnancy test. This test is also similar to that of toothpaste and bleaching powder test.
- Take some soap and add the first urine sample in the morning to it.
- If you see some bubbles forming, this can sign towards your pregnancy in a positive way.
- If there is no reaction on the soap, tough luck!
6. Dandelion Leaves Test
The Dandelion leaves test for pregnancy uses the ingredients from your garden and of course, your urine. Prepare for this test by plucking some dandelion leaves from your garden and use the sample of urine from your first visit to the toilet.
- Spread dandelion leaves over a sheet of paper and keep it in the place where there is no direct sunlight.
- Urinate over the leaves first thing in the morning, or you can pour it later from a vessel.
- If this is difficult, put the dandelion leaves into the vessel to mix with your urine.
- If you see some reddish blisters appearing on the leaves in around ten minutes, pat yourself on the shoulder as you are pregnant for sure.
- If red blemishes do not occur, you know what it is.
7. Vinegar And Tuna Juice Test
Time for another visit to your kitchen as this test uses your kitchen staples, tuna juice and vinegar to tell you if you are pregnant. Beware of the smell though.
- Add ¼ cup of tuna juice and mix it with the same amount of vinegar.
- Leave it overnight at the room temperature
- First thing in the morning; add your urine to this mixture.
- If the resulting color of this solution is bright green, chances are you are pregnant.
- If the color tends to become yellow or orange, the sign is negative for pregnancy.
8. The Pine Sol Test
You may want to take a quick visit to your nearby store as some the star ingredient of this pregnancy test is pine sol. Although it is used as a common cleansing agent, this test uses pine sol in a totally different way.
- Take a white vessel or transparent vessel and collect your urine in it first thing in the morning.
- Put some of your urine in another white or transparent vessel so that you can check color consistency.
- Add some drops of pine sol to one of the vessels containing urine and wait for around ten minutes.
- If you see some color changes in the solution, it is quite possible that you are pregnant.
- If there is no change in color, chances are you are not pregnant this time.
9. Sugar Test
Another easy and quick home pregnancy test can be done using sugar and urine. While there is hCG hormone playing roles in your body during pregnancy, you can use it to your favor and do a quick pregnancy test.
- Take a spoon full of sugar in a bowl and add same amount of first urine in the day into it.
- After waiting for five minutes or more, if you find that sugar is all dissolved in the urine, chances are you are not pregnant.
- But if the sugar remains clumped in the bowl, it indicates that you might be pregnant.
10. Peroxide and Tylenol Test
Even though the name sounds too technical, this is another quick home based pregnancy test though you may need to take a quick visit to your nearest drugstore.
- Add equal portions of Tylenol and Peroxide into a bowl and then put some drops of your urine from your first visit to the restroom in the day.
- If you can see some changes in the color of the solution, you are probably pregnant.
- If there is no change, you know the rest.
11. Home Pregnancy Kits
This is the last step that you need to take if you want to be sure that you are pregnant or not, while being in the comforts of your home. These pregnancy kits can be bought in any local drugstore or even grocery stores.
Although there are different brands of pregnancy kits in the market, the main procedure is quite the same for all of them. You urinate to one side of the stick and after some minutes if there is a pink sign on the stick, you are pregnant and if the sign turns blue, you need to wait another month for the good news.
As I mentioned above, all of these techniques or tests are only there to back up your hunch for being pregnant and the only authentic proof of your pregnancy is your doctor’s report. So, in order to make sure that you are on your way to welcoming an angel to this world, never hesitate to take a quick visit to your gynecologist.
Tell us which of these home pregnancy tests techniques worked for you in the comment box below!